Monday, May 9, 2016

May 9, 2016

Hello hello hello from wonderful Dayton, Ohio! Technically I am in a place called Miamisburg but I thought if I started out with that I would confuse some of you saying I got transferred to Miami haha. I am now with one Elder Wilcken who is a stud. Oh my gosh can I just say that this transfer is just like God is patting me on the back- after being in Norwood ward which struggled numbers wise and working with missionaries (except a couple exceptional families who shall remain nameless... *cough*Garlock's*cough*) I now feel like I have made it and just like Brigham Young I feel like I should say "This is the Place." I get fed everyday and we are not in the ghetto and my companion is fantastic, really a tremendous missionary, and person. The only struggle is that they baptized twice last transfer and they have literally nothing left so we are starting from scratch. But this is the second time I have had to do that and it is kinda fun to be honest :) I also feel like I get to be more of myself now. Like with Elder Mc Kellar I needed to be his number one guy and support him 100% and so we didn't do a lot with the other missionaries because he didn't want to and I was loyal to him, but now the whole zone is looking to us for leadership and I get to be outgoing and fun and everything I wanted to be! So that is the best :) I really love all the missionaries that surround us, they are so fantastic. And how can I not mention... We have a CAR!!!!!!!!!!! :) That is so nice, after 6 months walking ahhhh. Really. Just everything is so good :)

This week Elder Wilcken caught and tamed a wild snake! Yes Elder Wilcken the redneck (and redhead) cowboy from Texas wrangled that bull snake like a pro! We have pictures to prove it too. But I will have to send them next week.

Love you,

Elder Howland

P.S.  Elder Howland would love to get cards and letters from you all.  His new address is:

Elder Mark Howland
1103 Arrowhead Crossing Apt 3
West Carrollton OH  45449

No comments:

Post a Comment