Monday, February 8, 2016

February 8, 2016

So funny story.... Ok before the funny story. God has entrusted the training of some poor new missionary into my hands. Haha Good thing his name is Elder Bee and he is awesome already! He isn't scared to talk to people and is really converted to the Lord. What else could you ask for! Okay now funny story, we meet on Tuesday and that night we go to sleep and in the middle of the night I wake up to THE LOUDEST SNORING OF MY LIFE. Like it would be impossible for me to make a fake snoring sound right now while conscious that is as loud as his snores. Hahaha I laughed because I thought it was so funny. Luckily I can fall asleep in any given moment and sleep like a brick since becoming a missionary haha

Another funny thing is that he doesn't get enough sleep. And I know exactly what it is like, because when I think back to my first week I feel asleep so many times too. But during studies, during church, everything but I completely understand. So one morning this week we were reading an assigned conference talk by President Uchdorf and he was reading a paragraph and as he read out loud to me all of a sudden he stops talking. I look up... and he is asleep! Yes he fell asleep while reading OUT LOUD!!! Hahaha we laughed about that for days! It was so funnnnnnny! He is a great Elder and I'm so glad to be serving with him, he really has a great attitude.

Sorry you didn't get on only to hear about my companion (although he is obviously so much more entertaining than I am) but this week we taught a man who to say the least has some word of wisdom issues. He is a champ though and he is the humblest man and wants to change so much; it is truly inspiring. At the end of the lesson he said that he wants to check himself into rehab and he said he loves his fiance but if she isn't willing to make the same changes that he wants, he is going to have to leave her at least for a time. There is more to the story but as always short on time. We had a really great week and greenie grace is a thing.
Love you,

Elder Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment