Monday, February 15, 2016

February 15, 2016

Alright now this idea is not original so please don't give credit to me.  My cousin Jonny Howland is the elder that I stole this from but I thought it would be fun to do the same thing and talk in biblical verse to share about my week so here it is. The first Book of Mark. This is what happens when there is kind of a slow week haha But we did have an awesome lesson that changed Nicole and Audrey's day. They felt the spirit so strong and Audrey said that she felt depressed earlier that day and that our coming had helped so much. :) So cool to bring that to people. :)  Alright here it is...


1 Now it came to pass that the 7th year of the reign of Obama had passed away and in the commencement of the 8th year of the reign of Obama and in the second month on the fifeteenth day I did begin to make my record of my journeyings in the land eastward.
2 And it came to pass that I, Elder Howland, did return again to the computer that I might more sufficiently converse with my bretheren and sisters in the Lord.
3 Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me, yea he hath commanded me in all wisdom that I should write the more part of the doings of His people in the land of Norwood.
4 Yea and the things that I write cause much sorrow to my heart and soul for the wickedness of this people, for they have set their hearts upon the things of this world and think not to praise the God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
5 Wherefore we diligently teach this people that it is only through Christ Jesus, the Lamb of God, that we have a hope of our deliverance from our lost and fallen state.
6 Yea we preach with all the exhortations of our heart the glorious message of our rock and Redeemer and that we must have faith in him unto the forsaking all our sins that we might be saved.
7 But this is not all, for what good are we able to do save we have charity?
8 And it came to pass that we did wander in the wilderness and were afflicted with exceedingly cold and harsh conditions which caused us infirmities and sorrows, nevertheless our Lord hath not forsaken us and he did encircle us about in the robe of his righteousness. 
9 And now behold, we see that the power and captivity of the devil is upon the greater part of the people of Norwood, the light of the Lord that is within man cannot be dimmed except by the agency of his children.
10 Yea when the sons of God reach toward their father in heaven, their father in heaven reaches down in love and mercy and blesses them according to the covenant which he hath made unto the house of Israel. 
11 And it came to pass that 5 months hath passed away since I did begin my journeyings to share the word of the Lord with my bretheren in the land eastward, and great are the joys that we have experienced.


Haha I hope that that made some sense! I love you guys!


Elder Howland :D

No comments:

Post a Comment