Monday, February 29, 2016

February 29, 2016

This week will be an interesting "letter".  Elder Howland recorded his communication this week on a series of voice recordings and I'm having to transcribe them...

This week we talked to this little mexican couple on the street.  Elder Bee starts the conversation in simple Spanish and they kind of look at us like "what? these two white boys know Spanish?" And so I just start going busting any Spanish that I knew.  I gave them a pass-along card and it had a picture of the Salt Lake Temple on it right?  And they recognized it.  They were like templo de mormon?  I was like no way...they know what a mormon temple is?  what?  So we just started talking to them for a little bit in Spanish...they literally knew no English.  He was even holding a bible right there.  That was really fun.  It inspired a desire to continue learning Spanish and so I asked the Spanish elders if I could have a Book of Mormon in Spanish and I've been reading it side by side with a normal Book of Mormon so I can understand it better and it's so cool.  It's going to take me a while.  It took me 15 minutes to read 13 verses yesterday.  It'll be slow going but there's lots of learning going on.

On Friday Elder Bee found his first investigator and he did it all by himself.  Wow...proud papa over here.  We taught him a couple points of the gospel and by the end he was in crying.  Elder Bee...powerful missionary.  Every time we've taught a lesson this transfer between me and him, it's been so powerful.  We've been able to help people progress land that's a good feeling.

This week was a really, really good week...just solid.  Many miracles...lots of fun.  We had a very fun week and we're looking forward to doing it again this next week.

Have a great week.  Love you all.

Elder Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment