Tuesday, May 30, 2017

May 29, 2017

It is almost June and it is starting to feel like it. I am loving the heat. So... not much happened this week so I will add a plethora of pictures to help!

Here is a young recent convert and and we are starting to make some more food at home because we are getting fat out here! 

Speaking of which we got a meal by someone in Salt Lake! That is weird right? Well it was awesome, we were spoiled by Tina a good friend of the family and she has taken it upon herself to make sure I gain a little bit more weight before I come home. I don't know if I mentioned it but at the beginning of my mission I gained 30 lbs and then later I lost those 30 also, I have been maintaining it well by running a lot in the mornings... but I'm pretty sure I am on my way back up.

Okay this hasn't been spiritual at all.

I know that we are led and guided where Heavenly Father needs us to be! Right now I am doing my best to end strong! Especially while serving with someone who is going home this transfer. But I am learning how to keep my mind engaged while accepting what is coming. I feel like this will be one of the greatest lessons to learn. The last point of the Doctrine of Christ is Endure to the End. The whole purpose of life is to build our Faith, Repent, make covenants like Baptism, receive and live worthy of the Holy Ghost, and Endure to the End. So while the world is full of starters, I am a finisher! When I have Jesus Christ with me I can.

I love you!


Elder Mark Howland

(Elder Howland sent home lots of pictures and asked me to post them here...so here we go...  Enjoy!)
 This is Elder Howland with the other members of his district.
 The next 4 pictures of from their meal provided by a Salt Lake friend
(referenced in the e-mail above).



1 comment:

  1. Omg....i miss them both terribly...I feel like I've lost my way after losing my mom...i miss you Howland and Mckellar;)

    ReplyDelete