Monday, April 4, 2016

April 4, 2016

This week was aweeeesome!

Oh wow they were right when they talked about conference being so much better when you are a missionary! Honestly, I think it is simply because I listened more this time than I have in the past. haha  After the morning session I said to my companion, this is the best Conference I have ever seen and it continued getting better! So many good ones to talk about! But I guess you already had 10 hours of it so I'll let you off the hook this time. But my one question is, "how did Elder Holland know we were going to have ice cream right after?!" Haha

So this week we I had a pretty sweet experience. And it started by having the worst day! I won't get into it but it was just a bad day. But one thing our mission president has done is had us memorize some "Faith Scriptures" for exactly this reason. So I had absolutely zero motivation to do any work or keep going, so what I did was say over and over in my mind Joshua 1:9. And then had to keep doing it, God is with me, God is with me, I'm not alone, God is with me. We shortly thereafter had a lesson with our friend Ben and that was awesome; it picked me right up! So that was the proof that God was with me. Another scripture was from Alma "bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success". That promise was fulfilled and it is so cool.  If we do our part God's promises are fulfilled. Every time.

We are also teaching this awesome girl named Liz. Her dad or step-dad I think is a less active member of like 20 years but he is supporting her and so is coming to church with her! They are both so amazing and I'm glad to know them and all the people here in Norwood.

Thank you for all your support and prayers. They are felt and appreciated.


Love, Elder Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment