Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 4, 2017

This was the fastest week of my life.

This experience happened last night. 

I was struggling this week on many levels. Elder Swainston asked me what was going on and the blessed thing is that we have a relationship that is built on trust and respect so I felt no shame telling him how I was struggling. We talked about how we both wanted to be better.

I know we have angels around us helping to guide us and strengthen us.  I went to another room and thought about the angels that are around me and decided to speak out loud to them (even though I felt dumb) and ask them to help me because I was struggling. (Not crazy I promise!)  

I went back to Elder Swainston and asked him for a blessing and he asked me to say a prayer first.  I said a prayer and that helped a little bit, and then Elder Swainston gave me a blessing that was perfectly what I needed to hear, and that helped a lot. Then he asked for a blessing also.  I gave him a blessing and after both blessings I did some self-evaluation and realized...a complete 180 degree change had happened. I recognized a completely different spirit about me and I knew that once again this was a testimony builder of the power and authority of God working in my life.

It is pretty incredible. I know it is true because I am the evidence of it. The things I have experienced I can never deny. They are too real. And I am so grateful that God's power is evident in my life and that I am serving so that I can witness it! It is so great! 

Thank you for your prayers and love

Elder Mark Howland

This picture was sent to me by a new member in Elder Howland's area.  Her name is Emily (recently baptized) and this is Elder Howland with her husband, Shawn.  They're presently teaching Shawn and Emily tells me they're very close.  Clearly...

No comments:

Post a Comment