Monday, September 11, 2017

September 11, 2017

My friends! 

I didn't have this testimony to this degree 2 years ago. I remember after about a month out here I thought to myself that I had already learned more in 1 month than I thought I would in 2 years and I realized that this isn't a sacrifice, it is an investment that will continue to pay me forever. Now looking back I have learned even more but more importantly, I have BECOME. That is what this was intended for the whole time.

I am a witness of the joys and sorrows of serving the Lord. I am not exaggerating when I say that this has been the happiest two years of my life so far. The Lord has taken me from someone living far below their potential, to more of a man than I could have hoped to become on my own. The enabling power of Jesus Christ is real. His ultimate expression of love by suffering in Gethsemane has allowed me to be happier than I ever have been, lifted me every time I have turned to Him, and sculpted me into someone that he is pleased with. 

I testify that the Book of Mormon is the Word of God, I know that Joseph Smith was God's chosen prophet and revelator, I am firm in my knowledge because they have been witnessed to me by the Holy Ghost in a way that I will never be able to deny. These things I know to be true, but even more than these I know that Jesus Christ is my personal Redeemer. I am a living testimony of His power to cleanse, transform, and lift us to heights not attainable by our own efforts. I know of His personal love for me, I haven't seen it's depth but I know it is forever and real.

This is my last email. That seems crazy but it is here, I won't be able to next week so I wanted to share my testimony. This is literally the most valuable thing that has ever happened to me. And it will continue to influence my life in a significant way daily for many decades! I feel successful in what has happened in the last 2 years but I look forward to 40 years from now as the litmus test for my life. Will I be actively listening to and acting on promptings from the Holy Ghost? Am I acting in such a way that my children will see a worthy priesthood holder? Will I be able to personally kneel down before my Father in Heaven and feel clean and repentant? Do I respect and honor all of my covenants? When I can honestly answer yes before Him, and then continue to endure to the end of my life, that is when I will know that this mission has been a success. That is the only goal that matters to me. 

Elder Mark Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment