Tuesday, February 14, 2017

February 13, 2017

Alrighty! So this week was fun! We went on 2 exchanges and we had a Zone Meeting and lots of stuff which makes for a very quick week! We find out about transfers on Saturday already! 

So we met this family a couple weeks ago the McQuitty's. We were walking down the street and they were using a saw and cutting some wood and so what would any decent missionary do as they pass? "Hey do you need some help?" And guess what? For once, someone accepted our help!!! Talk about exciting!

So we went over and we can't do the actual saw work sadly but we helped them a bit. The mounting of the cabinets was difficult because the drill we were using was broken and would spin but didn't have any torque really so it was just a mess haha definitely a fun story. So we borrow a new drill from the members that live next door and we finish it and then this week we came and taught them.  They were very receptive and Jo had even read the book of Mormon before and the others in the family wanted to. 

Little things are just going right and making life just so happy. For instance having Elder Allred next to me all day is definitely a plus! We laugh and laugh all day and that really helps when we are talking to people because we are expressing the joy that the gospel offers us and that is the biggest blessing! :)

So this is not missionary-y at all but I heard for the first time that there was a Lego Batman movie and that it is out??? Yeah when I get home I am excited for that! Sorry that was trunky and stuff but I was just going to say that everything is awesome out here and that reminded me of it! I love it here and I love the Lord who is helping very good things to happen and I love serving a mission! :)

I also very much love you all and am so grateful for your support of me in all the thoughts, prayers, and well wishes.


Elder Mark Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment