Monday, November 16, 2015

November 16, 2015

This picture was taken when Mark met his first companion...so back at the end of September or beginning of October.


This week was transfers and I ended up leaving Elder Macfarlane in the Highland Heights ward in Kentucky and being transferred clear over to the other companionship serving in the Highland Heights ward in Kentucky!!! Haha It is kinda crazy that I had to pack up everything I have out here to move 2 miles but now we have one set of Elders and one set of Sisters instead of 2 sets of Elders. So Elder Bunderson stayed here and I became his new companion which is weird because I have been serving with him for 6 weeks already pretty much :) But I love it, he is a super good kid and missionary. He puts a lot more pressure on me to teach and work than Elder Macfarlane did which is good for me. It is so true that you don't realize what your trainer does for you until you leave them! 

One major difference is that instead of being in a car we are taking the shoelace express each day... yep. Walking! So fun! No I'm just kidding it really isn't that bad.  The only thing that I don't like is that I feel so much less effective here than I did when we were driving because we have a lot of time waiting for a bus or walking city to city so I'm trying to figure out some better way to do it! If you have suggestions please please let me know! 

Yesterday was a lot of fun, Wade (who was just baptized) was outright snoring in Elders Quorum! Haha He works 10pm-7am the nights before church and everyone knows that and is just grateful that he is there so it is good. 

The sisters in our old area are doing great things! They are moving forward and the investigators are progressing.  My mom just reminded me that it really isn't about the missionaries. Yes we love them and want to see them through to baptism but it only matters what we can do for them while we are there. But I still get to see the investigators at church so that is nice :)

I love you and am super grateful for you especially at this time of year.  It is so great that we can focus on the blessings that we have and where they come from. (Moroni 7:13) God really does know us individually and care about the things that are important to us because He understands each of us perfectly!

With love,


Elder Howland

No comments:

Post a Comment