Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Mark flies to Ohio - September 28, 2015


Dear family and friends:


This is Mark's mom and I thought I'd post a few notes about today.  This morning I received a wonderful phone call from Elder Howland while he was at the airport waiting for his flight.  That's right...his MTC experience is over and he's going to Ohio.


I'm writing this on September 29th.  Last night I received an e-mail from his mission with a wonderful picture of him with his mission president and wife.  He looks good...and he sounded really good when he called.  As expected, the MTC was a transformative experience.  No matter how prepared he thought he was, he learned SOOOO much while there.  And the learning will continue in Ohio.  It was good to hear his voice again.  I was so used to talking to him every couple of days while he was gone over the summer that I missed hearing his voice.  Ah well...I wouldn't want him anywhere else than where he is now.  And I know he's going to be an amazing missionary.


Please take the time to write to him...either an e-mail or a letter.  He can only read e-mails once a week and for a very short period of time, so real letters will be very appreciated by him (I remember from my mission).  His e-mail address is mark.howland@myldsmail.net


Here's the picture of Elder Howland with President and Sister Porter:



No comments:

Post a Comment